Senior Software Engineer - Analytics Desk
New York, NY
Posted Sep 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 95839
The ADSK (Analytics Desk) Engineering team builds and supports Bloomberg's premier customer service system. We build applications that handle around 5 million questions per year, in several languages, 24/7, and around the globe from more than 300,000 clients, creating more than a billion rows of chat data. Our team builds a breadth of client and representative facing applications to make sure our clients get their questions answered in the most efficient way possible. A few examples of applications the team owns and works on include (and not limited to):
- The Workcenter (WCTR), an application that is used daily by ~3000 Representatives (reps) across a dozen departments to manage the communications with clients. The application is a push model that allows reps to handle several questions at the same time. It is one of the first R+ applications in Bloomberg and is actively being revamped to use REACT under the hood.
- Smart Resource, is an application that is embedded into the workcenter and pushes intelligence to the reps to help them answer the client questions more efficiently. Examples of intelligence that Smart resource will suggest is historical tickets that are similar to the question being answered or even Excel formula suggestions that the client might be asking about.
- ADSK ticket distribution system is part of our infrastructure, that is supported by our team and a sister team, the system is responsible for distributing all incoming client tickets, irrespective of the load, to the rep with the right set of skills and is available to answer the incoming question.
We'll trust you to:
- Build the most awesome products out there.
- Work with your teammates and our business hand in hand to make those products happen (at a very agile iterative pace).
- Take ownership of the product and domain
You'll need to have:
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Drive to constantly push the envelop when it comes to finding the right solution to problems at hand
- Passion to try new things for the right reasons (for example experimenting with a new technology to solve a business problem or to improve our engineering infrastructure)
- Curiosity to learn a new domain and ability to pick-up new technologies if needed
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Python, C++
- Experience in designing and implementing complex systems and applications
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.