Senior Software Engineer - Anomaly Detection
New York, NY
Posted Jun 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 104178
Data-Services team is responsible for core data and analytics services which provides a single point of entry for Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise applications to retrieve any kind of data available in Bloomberg. This includes multiple foundational services such as Data Gateway, Security Id Master, Metadata Infrastructure, Insights and Anomaly Detection System. These systems serve several hundred billion requests a day running on thousands of machines. With ever increasing data volumes and growth of Bloomberg’s Enterprise products, this footprint has been growing at a rapid pace (increasing 25% YoY). This poses some unique large scale distributed system performance and data quality problems and requires an early Anomaly Detection and alerting system.
In order to provide highly available, consistent and correct data in a timely fashion, we need to build infrastructure to detect the issues before they impact our clients. This requires us to provide tools which can be integrated into the CI/CD cycle to block bad code rollout and “catch and alert” systems to detect issues on their way to Production before clients get impacted by them.
With petabytes of data and thousands of microservices providing this data, the problem becomes ever more difficult to solve. We need to build smart, low latency, scalable solutions with good visualization tools to slice and dice the issues into actionable categories.
We are looking for an engineer who can channel their deep experience in anomaly detection techniques to help us build our products. We are looking for people who would like to explore the open source tools and bring them in house to solve our problems quickly. If you like solving the challenges of a highly distributed big data system, please contact us.
We'll trust you to:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our infrastructure stack
- Apply your experience to drive and own the architecture of the system
- Enhance our infrastructure to fulfill mission critical SLAs, whether low latency or high throughput data retrieval
- Interact with various teams across Bloomberg to evangelize your work and help people in adopting your system
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in python, Java, Scala
- Experience working with Big Data technologies such as HDFS, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Yarn, Oozie etc.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience with high volume, highly available distributed systems
- Machine learning applied to Anomaly Detection in Data Quality or time series data sets
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, CI/CD tools like Jenkins
Explore the diversity of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives on our team that made it possible to create our deep learning-based platform:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.