Senior Software Engineer - App Portal
New York, NY
Posted Jan 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 113354
The App Portal team is responsible for the Bloomberg App Portal platform (aka App Store), which lets Bloomberg Terminal users discover and use innovative financial applications built by the 3rd-parties. We support apps built for various modern technology stacks - no matter if it's traditional Web apps, PWAs or desktop LOB apps. App Portal applications run inside a secured sandboxed environment protecting clients privacy and from potential threats. We offer APIs and SDKs allowing 3rd party developers to integrate Bloomberg market data and services into their apps. We also own the Bloomberg Terminal ConnectAPI used by 3rd party application developers to access and automate various Bloomberg Terminal functions.
- Collaboration. The best designs are created when we work together
- Ownership. Our success comes from the actions we take
- Technical Excellence. Strive for the highest standards in the quality of our work
- Open Mindedness. We believe in always being open to new ideas and learning
What's in it for you:
We'll trust you to:
- Design and implement App Portal and Terminal Connect products
- Build reliable, manageable and high-performance micro services
- Be self-motivated to learn emerging technologies, and respond fast to bring them into our product offering
You'll need to have:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, data structures and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We would love to see:
- OOD/OOP skills and experience applying modern design patterns
- - Experience with React
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus