Senior Software Engineer - Asset Investment Manager (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 90402
On the Asset Investment Manager (AIM) team we build Bloomberg’s award-winning buy-side order management system (OMS), a platform that is used by hundreds of institutional firms with more than $10 trillion in assets. We facilitate every process in the trading life cycle from idea generation to post-trade operations, and everything in between. We need the most inspired engineers in Bloomberg to help us transform this platform into the next best OMS in the financial services industry.
AIM is one of the best places to solve some of the most complex problems in the trading world with exciting, new technologies. In the past few years we have been cleaning our house and architecting our system with the latest tools that both Bloomberg and the open source world have to offer. This has positioned us to invest in building brand new, sophisticated systems. We are taking on age-old problems like latency and scaling with new and exciting solutions.
Well trust you to:
- Work across various aspects of the software stack and quickly get up to speed with unfamiliar code bases
- Troubleshoot code across various files and libraries
- Update existing projects to comply with best practices
- Work productively on a healthy Scrum team
- Proactively collaborate when questions or problems block progress
- Provide ideas on how to better solve categories of problems across many projects
You need to have:
- 5+ years of experience programming in C, C++, or another compiled language
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of programming on Linux or Unix
- Previous Order Management System (OMS) experience
- Experience in large-scale project migrations
- Experience working on open source projects
We'd love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.