Senior Software Engineer - Authentication Platform
New York, NY
Posted Dec 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 112124
Who We are:
The Authentication Platform Team is responsible for the architecture and development of Identity lifecycle management tools and authentication systems. The mission of the Authentication Platform team is to build a strong frictionless authentication system. The tools and systems we build serve both our internal workforce and external customers.
One of the main products we are responsible for is Bloomberg’s Single Sign On system (BSSO). We write software that implements the business logic and security policies that authenticate users across multiple systems using multiple authentication protocols and workflows. The work we do ensures that legitimate users have access to the resources they need while keeping attackers out. We are currently responsible for handling hundreds of thousands of daily authentication requests across a wide variety of applications at Bloomberg.
As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for designing and implementing authentication solutions based on industry standard protocols.
We’ll trust you to:
- Add and extend features to our current authentication platform.
- Design and implement new authentication solutions and tools following software development best practices.
- Stay up to date with industry standards regarding authentication and authorization.
- Interact with various teams across Bloomberg to build and develop best practices for authentication
- Develop and document best practices for SSO integration across the company.
- 4+ years of programming experience with an object-oriented programming language (Java, Python, Go etc).
- Experience building and maintaining mission critical systems.
- Prior experience or knowledge of Web technologies.
- Experience with authentication technologies such as OAuth, SAML, WebAuthn/U2F.
- Experience with automating large scale deployments, testing, and CI/CD.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with building and maintaining mission critical distributed systems.
- Hands-on software development experience in Java or Python.
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email Amer_recruit@bloomberg.net
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus