Senior Software Engineer - BLAW Machine Learning Team
New York, NY
Posted Apr 4, 2018 - Requisition No. 66371
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) provides faster access to the information users need through advanced search capabilities to case law citation, dockets and trusted content. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day-to-day by automating research to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients. Our goal is to use new technologies to deliver best-in-class solutions that will impact the future practice of law. That's where you come in.
Our team responsible for building BLAW Data Science Platform and Tools to help our Data Scientists develop high quality machine learning models fast, data pipelines to process millions of documents through machine learning models in production and reference data management systems. As an engineer on our team, you will be given the opportunity to display your creativity and deliver scalable solutions in an Agile environment. You will learn from data scientists on how to develop machine learning models and help them to scale their models in production.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with data scientists to build data science platform and tools for their needs
- Partner with legal data analysts to collect insight on entity linking system efficiencies and restructure the system to be more scalable and re-usable.
- Lead design discussions about architecture, business logic and data
- Implement scalable and stable systems the agreed upon components as part of an Agile scrum team
- Build quality software by writing unit tests, performing code reviews
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of industry experience writing production-quality code in Java
- 1+ year of experience programming in Python
- Experience with system design
- Experience with concurrent programming and distributed systems in Java
- A solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design concepts
- Excellent communication skills, a comfort with ambiguity and an action-oriented disposition
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with machine learning, statistical models, and natural language processing
- Experience in integrating machine learning solutions
- Experience with designing data processing solutions
- Experience with Apache Spark