Senior Software Engineer - BPIR (Bloomberg Product Identifier Repository)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 24, 2020 - Requisition No. 86069
Come join the newly formed BPIR team (Bloomberg Product Identifier Repository) and build a solution for loading financial data in the Bloomberg Environment from the ground up. Our solution will sit in between various high-traffic Bloomberg functions and data providers. Our design requirements include sub-millisecond performance, mission-critical operation, as well as enterprise quality monitoring and troubleshooting.
What’s in it for you:
As a software developer on the team, you will be responsible for modernizing one of Bloomberg’s key databases to the future, while building a high-speed distributed lookup system on top of Bloomberg Data Platform’s storage systems. You will get a chance to work with core Bloomberg stakeholders, define data models and implement them with an eye for the future. A strong grasp of C/C++ is a must, and the role requires an understanding of SOA concepts.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of component(s) of the workflows supported within our infrastructure while ensuring that our CI/CD guidelines are properly implemented and/or maintained
- Interact with development teams across Bloomberg and understand their application and/or business requirements as well as their data access patterns
- Design and develop systems that meet our latency, volume, storage, scale and high availability expectations
- Participate in meetings to help influence architectural decisions
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of software development experience in C++ in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience developing, enhancing and maintaining high throughput, low-latency systems in a mission-critical production environment
- Strong knowledge of OOD/OOP, algorithms/data structures, software development principles, Agile methodologies, modern design patterns, TDD, and service-oriented architecture
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with distributed systems
- Ability to enhance and maintain mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with modern data technologies - Hadoop, HBase, Kafka
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.