Senior Software Engineer - BQ Test Automation
New York, NY
Posted Jan 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 88382
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. Enabling clients to access Bloomberg’s data and perform custom analytics, the Bloomberg Query Language(BQL) and Analytics platform is at the forefront of innovation for our business.
BQL is responsible for developing a low latency Analytics Platform and Screening Engine. We're also working to define and build a domain specific query language, BQL. This will allow users to express complex analytics and quantitative models for execution on the platform. We also need to build a test framework for this platform. That’s where you come in.
As an Automation engineer, you will help build a Python-based framework for automated validation of APIs and Microservices for federated Data and on the fly analytics. If you have an aptitude for problem solving and are eager to measure the quality of big data and analytic systems, we’d love to talk to you!
We’ll trust you to:
- Outline and execute the strategy for functional and data quality testing
- Enhance Python based test framework and test scripts
- Actively participate in our daily scrums to help establish a Test Driven Development approach
- Implement and analyze regression reports
- Measure quality from the perspective of end users and downstream dependencies
- Craft and conduct performance and load tests using tools such as Jmeter/Locust to measure and enforce platform performance and scalability metrics.
You need to have:
- Background in Computer Science, Mathematics or related expertise
- 3+ years of experience testing APIs and web services
- Advanced experience developing applications in Python.
- Functional and object oriented programming experience
- A solid understanding of RESTful web services and n-tier architecture
We’d love to see:
- Financial knowledge as this role offers an excellent opportunity to learn and work with multiple financial data sets
- Knowledge of Python libraries such as numpy, pandas
- Understanding of enterprise scale distributed Systems.
- Experience with working on BDD test frameworks
What’s in it for you?
BQL is a highly visible effort at Bloomberg. Our group is building an Enterprise scale distributed system utilizing diverse technologies including Java, Scala, Python, C++, there are plenty of avenues to innovate and learn.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.