Senior Software Engineer - BQL Enterprise
New York, NY
Posted Jan 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 94924
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. Enabling clients to access Bloomberg’s data and perform custom analytics, the Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) and Analytics platform is at the forefront of innovation for our business.
The BQL Enterprise team is responsible for maintaining the enterprise business requirements for BQL which includes defining and authorizing clients for various enterprise products, metering compute and data usage, entitlement checks for various data sets and integrating with the central enterprise framework within bloomberg. We are looking for a strong engineer that shares our passion for collaboration, innovation and technology and helps us move the project forward.
We'll trust you to:
- Love working on complex problems at scale with Agile methodology
- Innovate and collaborate with the team on existing and new projects
- Write, test and maintain production-quality code
- Have good communication skills
- Take ownership of your projects and drive them to the finish line
You need to have:
- 3+ years of programming experience in Java
- Thorough understanding of OOP, data structures, algorithms, and distributed system
- Knowledge of concurrency and multi-threading
- Experience with architecture designing and API designing
We'd love to see:
- Experience with enterprise systems along with entitlements
- Experience with metrics management systems like Grafana
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.