Senior Software Engineer - BQuant Analytics Platform
New York, NY
Posted May 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 95960
How do you predict market movements before they happen?
BQuant answers this question every day through world-class data, analytics, and engineering. As the size and complexity of data sets grows around the world, finance is rapidly shifting to be data-driven. You need tremendous amounts of data and powerful algorithms just to comprehend the market, not to mention competing in it. BQuant is a first of its kind product for Bloomberg to build exactly that for traders, researchers, regulators and participants at every level of the market.
The Analytics Platform team is responsible for leveraging all the existing analytics in Bloomberg and weaving them into a single powerful interface for BQuant customers. The challenge becomes interesting when you consider that any customer may want to use an analytic as-is, or substitute their own model into the system. Similarly, they may want to use our data, or substitute their own. Building such a modular and generic architecture is no easy feat, so we are looking for engineers who can combine system design, scalability, and data engineering principles into conversations with our product experts.
What’s in it for you?
The BQuant team is recruiting for the first time in New York. This is an opportunity to join a new team, take ownership of a rapidly growing product, and accelerate it to the next level. BQuant sits at the intersection of finance, data science, quantitative analytics, and data engineering. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest engineers in all these areas while building the architecture to scale and grow an exciting product. Across the BQuant area, we code in Python, use the latest technologies, and contribute to open source technologies. BQuant is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter to learn and grow while building a cutting-edge product with impact across the industry.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of technical solutions from start to finish, including: client APIs, backend server development, and delivery to production
- Work directly with product owners to build workflows that our clients use to tackle complex problems
- Write production-quality infrastructure to monitor, support and maintain our applications
You’ll need to have:
- Experience covering the full software development life-cycle
- Working knowledge of Python, C++, or Java and OOP principles
- Understanding of engineering best practices
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in finance or data science platforms
- Prior experience in distributed systems
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.