Senior Software Engineer - BQuant Signal Research
New York, NY
Posted Jan 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 95966
As financial markets become increasingly more technical, market participants have to crunch dizzying amounts of data to spot opportunities and stay competitive. Bloomberg’s answer to that is BQuant, a cloud-native financial research platform. BQuant supercharges client workflows with programmatic access to Bloomberg data and analytics. With BQuant, clients can research and implement powerful trading strategies, and share their work with ease. In short, we empower the entire industry with the sophisticated tools that are currently only available to the largest banks and hedge funds.
Our team, Signal Research, is responsible for building the functionality clients use to construct and analyze market signals. In other words, our workflows help clients anticipate market movements, and use those insights to build portfolios and develop trading strategies. We are looking for an entrepreneurial engineer to join our rapidly-growing team, and help spearhead the design and implementation of our platform. If you’re looking for the opportunity to have a big impact on a high-visibility and strategic project, join us and help take BQuant to the next level.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop client-facing libraries and back-end services in Python.
- Take full technical ownership of the SDLC, from design, through coding and deployment.
- Partner with product managers to identify client needs and design solutions.
- Help us grow our team and foster an inclusive, collaborative and collegial culture!
You’ll need to have:
- 3 or more years using Python, C++ or another object oriented language.
- Experience crafting intuitive and expressive client-facing APIs.
- Experience developing and supporting production systems.
- The ability to work cross-functionally with quant analysts and data scientists.
We’d love to see:
- Experience developing distributed systems.
- Experience building quant research or data science platforms.
- Financial domain experience across multiple asset classes.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.