Senior Software Engineer - BQuant
New York, NY
Posted Jul 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 105575
BQuant is Bloomberg’s cutting edge financial research and data science platform. With the tremendous growth of market data and the increasing sophistication of machine learning and quantitative methods, finance is quickly becoming a business where only the best capitalized firms can compete. BQuant’s mission is to change that by empowering researchers and investment decision makers around the world with the sophisticated tools that are currently only available to the largest investment firms.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join BQuant. The focus of our team is on prototyping and developing a new suite of capabilities for quantitative research, portfolio implementation and systematic trading across asset classes. As a senior engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop our high-level technical architecture and to lead our implementation efforts. We have an inclusive and collegial culture with a strong emphasis on continuous learning and code ownership, and we collaborate regularly with teams across BQuant and our CTO department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial engineer to help build a strong team and establish themselves as a technical leader on a high-impact, strategic product.
See what people are saying about BQuant:
- Mike Bloomberg: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mikebloomberg_starting-today-were-making-it-even-easier-activity-6849087317139853312-CAOZ
- Bloomberg CTO, Shawn Edwards: https://thestack.technology/bloomberg-cto-shawn-edwards-interview/
- Tech at Bloomberg: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/bquant-behind-the-scenes-how-bloomberg-leveled-the-playing-field-for-quantitative-analysis-in-finance/
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the design and implementation of software solutions for quantitative investment workflows, from alpha research to systematic trading.
- Develop high-performance systems for ingesting, transforming and storing data from various Bloomberg-owned and external sources.
- Own the software development lifecycle, from design and implementation through production deployment and monitoring.
- Help grow our team by assisting with hiring new technical talent and mentoring junior team members.
You’ll need to have:
- Broad experience developing software for quantitative investment workflows in equities, fixed income or multi-asset strategies.
- Experience designing and maintaining large software systems in a production setting over an extended period of time.
- The ability to work cross-functionally with software engineers, quant researchers and product managers.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer at investment firms or financial technology firms.
- 5+ years of experience writing production-quality Python.
- A Bachelor, Masters or PhD in a quantitative field, such as computer science, computational finance, financial engineering or mathematics.
We’d love to see:
- Prior buy side experience as a software engineer or quantitative developer.
- Financial domain knowledge in multiple asset classes.
- Prior production-level experience with Python’s numerical stack.
- Strong foundation of statistical and quantitative skills.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org