Senior Software Engineer - Backend - Access Control & Security
New York, NY
Posted Dec 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 97007
The Access Control and Risk Applications team is responsible for ensuring proper security and risk measures to be implemented throughout the company. Our products serve various data security related functions from the company’s data policy, data classification, data protection to tools that handle employee and vendor movements.
About the role:
In this role, you will work closely with our business partners to identify critical security problems and design solutions that can effectively protect sensitive data while reducing the need for human intervention. The software solutions that you create will directly affect the daily work of our internal users.
We'll expect you to:
- Have interest in working in the data security domain
- Be the owner of the product – you will work closely with the business to build effective and user-friendly products
- Be a solid team player - you will work within the team and outside the team in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you need to think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate - you're passionate about our diverse set of users and products
- Be proactive - you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language (C#, Java, C++)
- 4+ years of experience with a relational SQL database.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience with Python
- Familiar with unit testing, CI/CD and Dev-Ops.
- Database schema design, performance optimization skills and query tuning
- Experience with web services, XSD/WSDL, SOAP, SOA and microservices architecture
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus