Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Query Language Developer Experience
New York, NY
Posted Oct 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 110216
Do you love working on a ground floor opportunity to build BQL’s DevX product?
BQL DevX provides fully managed Platform As a Service solutions for:
- End to end support of BQL’s SDLC processes
- Building operational intelligence to deliver valuable insights for continuous refinement of the BQL product.
Bloomberg runs on data. It’s our business and our product. BQL is Bloomberg’s gateway to data and feature-rich custom analytics. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. BQL provides a highly customizable domain specific query language to allow users to express complex analytics and quantitative models for execution on Bloomberg’s data platform.
The DevX team builds and maintains a CI & CD platform based on Jenkins to enable:
- Developers to build, test and deliver features seamlessly
- Product and Data providers to augment BQL’s content universe
We provide PYoneer, a fully automated regression test framework certifying the features going out every release. The framework understands BQL’s rich metamodel and generates automated tests to identify functional defects and raises relevant notifications for resolution.
We are also building BQL Insights, a data science platform to extract operational metrics from BQL’s production traffic to deliver visibility and insights. This feedback will significantly guide and enhance feature development as well as motivate prioritization of planned features.
We'll trust you to:
- Own your application and bring in a passion for efficiency and writing clean, high quality code
- Influence and contribute to a firm wide engineering community focused on deployment pipelines, containerization, Python/Java, etc.
- Collaborate with a team of highly motivated software engineers to drive an innovative culture
- Think critically about the “bigger picture”, take calculated risks and come up with creative solutions
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of programming experience in Python (or equivalent OO language)
- Experience working in a test-driven development and agile environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with Linux operating system and utilities
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Docker, Kafka, Maven, Jenkins, NoSql & Sql databases
- Experience developing tools for increased operational scale
- Experience with Artifactory or any package management system
- Experience integrating Jenkins with existing in-house workflows
If this sounds like you, please apply! We'll be in touch if we think you're a match.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus