Senior Software Engineer - Breaking News Applications
New York, NY
Posted Jun 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 98614
The world is accelerating every day, and Bloomberg strives to stay a step ahead of it. We are searching for engineers to help us design and implement tools that allow us to be the first to put market-moving news in front of financial players.
Breaking News Applications develops low-latency applications that empower our elite editors to publish informative and newsworthy content. The content created is critical for our customers to make decisions.
Three teams work together towards our shared mission under the Breaking News Applications umbrella: News Gathering, Cyborg, and Breaking News Tools. News Gathering is responsible for ingesting and filtering millions of stories generated per day and providing a unified platform for applications to obtain the data they need. The Cyborg team creates applications that merge the power of machine learning and the intuition of our expert journalists, enabling them to cover thousands of companies. The Breaking News Tools team develops real-time monitoring applications. These tools allow the Newsroom to find accurate and relevant data in the ocean of news today and create market-moving content. The breadth of the challenges we face sets us apart from other Bloomberg teams and keeps us engaged and passionate about our work. These challenges drive us to stay open to new ideas and innovations, ensuring that we build the best solutions.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Is experienced and motivated to work with high speed distributed systems
- Thrives on learning new domains and technologies in a full stack environment
- Is driven to take ownership of projects and deliver great user experiences and workflows
- Is enthusiastic about contributing to better development practices
- Has a BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status