Senior Software Engineer - Breaking News Tools & Automation
New York, NY
Posted Jun 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 64713
Bloomberg’s core product, the Terminal, is a must-have for the most influential people in finance. In addition to being the second largest producer of news in the world, Bloomberg ingests more than 1.5 million news stories per day from more than 120,000 different sources to help our clients stay in the know. This data would be unmanageable without our help.
News stories move markets. We build software that crafts those stories.
What’s in it for you?
The Breaking News Tools & Automation team in Bloomberg is looking for an expert software engineer to join us in building tools and systems that deliver critical financial data, such as Company Earnings and Economic Releases, extracted from millions of documents to our clients which allow them to make trading decisions. Our systems collect, process, enrich and deliver data in the form of human readable stories. In addition to taking our existing products to the next level, the engineer will also contribute to an exciting new product that enable our users to build personalized self-learning content streams using machine learning techniques. These streams help users discover trends in the market from large piles of news content including tweets and web stories.
We’ll expect you to:
- Build large scale real-time systems and user workflow tools
- Understand machine learning techniques.
- Have very strong software engineering skills using C++
- An aptitude for application development
You'll need to have:
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
- 3+ years of industry experience programming in C++
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience building tools.
- Experience developing full-stack applications.
- Experience working with non-technical stakeholders to deliver products.
If this sounds like you, apply! We’ll get in touch if we believe you’re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.