Senior Software Engineer - Charts
New York, NY
Posted Mar 20, 2020 - Requisition No. 79593
The Bloomberg Charts product is used by over 200,000 financial professionals worldwide to make financial decisions. Our next-generation Charts unlock market data and give our clients unprecedented advantages. Today's Charts product spans a wide gamut of functionality, from visualizing data on the screen to real-time data alerting to historical trend analysis and much more. Charts group provides an immensely popular platform for visual and quantitative analysis of data sets through a host of Bloomberg Applications, widgets and mission critical services. The services cater to a broad spectrum of terminal and enterprise users with more than 60+ million daily hits and we're looking for new members to work on some of our most exciting and challenging projects.
What we do:
Some examples of functionality we develop include real time Charting applications, ability to create and update charts using NLP, Charting on Bloomberg application on Mobile devices, creation and live updates of custom indexes, Back Testing and Alerting on various trading strategies based on technical analysis and many more
The real-time nature of the infrastructure we have makes it capable of monitoring live data to alert on market movements. It also allows integration with applications like automated news. We are currently looking to further improve and expand our functionality to help users to better discover, analyze and visualize data on the Bloomberg terminal utilizing some of the newest technologies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a key contributor to the charting product development. This includes the next generation state of the art Bloomberg Charting platform.
- Innovate solutions for complex technical problems
- Leverage your technical expertise to architect and implement critical services
- Work collaboratively within the team and across groups to deliver products that broaden and improve our offering to customers
- Mentor others and chip in to the growth of the team
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years programming experience in object oriented programming languages (C++ is a plus, but not required)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to learn quickly
We'd love to see:
- Experience with distributed systems and high load multi-threaded services
- Experience working in an agile environment
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about apply! We’ll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.