Senior Software Engineer - Client Intelligence & Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Oct 28, 2020 - Requisition No. 86900
The newly formed Client Intelligence & Analytics team is looking for a senior software engineer to join us in building a next-generation user analytics and client-side telemetry platform.
We are developing an event tracking platform for monitoring the Bloomberg Terminal infrastructure with a focus on well-structured, uniform, and actionable data. We cover events originating from server-side services and client-side applications, mobile, and web.
What’s in it for you:
As part of the Application Frameworks group, you will find yourself involved in many projects that will define the future of the Bloomberg Terminal. We’ll trust you to manage and handle an enormous quantity of data while prioritizing performance and the user experience.
The solutions we offer provide critical information for the product, business intelligence, UX, and security departments as well as applications and infrastructure developers. We are creating friendly, reliable, and secure infrastructure, which delivers high-quality analytics event data.
You'll need to have:
- Interest in telemetry and user analytics.
- Desire to be involved in every stage of the project life-cycle from design to delivery.
- Ability to self-direct your work and collaborate effectively.
- Interest in driving and shaping this new team — from daily functioning to long-term evolution.
We'd love to see experience with:
- Telemetry, monitoring, metrics, distributed trace (think Datadog, New Relic, etc).
- Building distributed data processing pipelines focused on high performance.
- Distributed messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ) and relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Splunk, Humio, Grafana, or any other data analysis platforms.
- Cloud infrastructure platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.