Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Stability
New York, NY
Posted May 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 101136
What's in it for you:
As a member of the Cloud Stability team, you will be one of the engineers responsible for both supporting the product that half the engineering teams use and applying machine learning to predict the performance and capacity of our platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our upstream projects (e.g. OpenStack and others). You will pick up not only cloud platform skills, but also application engineering skills. You will be encouraged to participate in company-wide reliability engineering efforts, in technology conferences, and other relevant training.
We'll expect you to:
- Work with the OpenStack API and interface with other Compute-Storage teams
- Be responsible for CI/CD of the Bloomberg Cloud Compute platform
- Contribute to adding intelligence to predicting performance issues
- Participate in predictive capacity planning and management of the cloud compute platform
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, task refinement
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated programming experience (e.g. 1+ years in Python or another language)
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Willingness to learn cloud technology
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience in either a SRE team or on a cloud platform team
- More than 3 years of programming experience
- Experience with Unix and distributed systems
- Experience with Agile Scrum
Our Open Source Commitment:
Bloomberg sits at the intersection of high availability, low latency, and large-scale computing. We have a decade-long track record of using open source software to build data infrastructure and applications that address the unique constraints of the finance industry. We also support a broad open source ecosystem to empower others to solve similar real-world problems. From technical governance to upstream collaboration, we are committed to enhancing the impact and sustainability of open source.
In this role, you’ll be encouraged to interact with global open source project teams and communities. If you have a desire to use, develop, and lead open source software projects, we encourage you to apply. To learn more about our activities in the open source community, head over to our Tech at Bloomberg site.
If you think cloud stability or machine learning sound interesting to you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.