Senior Software Engineer - Company Financials Applications
New York, NY
Posted Dec 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 112808
Our Market Applications group looks over the workflows and user experience of the Bloomberg Terminal for areas around foundation applications, macro markets and content workflows such as research, companies/ equities and data discovery.
We service applications that are used by financial analysts and researchers. Our core focus is document search and discoverability, content authoring, charting, and publications that support the analyst workflow.
Have you ever wondered how traders develop their trading strategies? They use Bloomberg’s Company Financials products! Our application suite provides clients with insight into the story behind a company's value by delivering financial data that ranges from historical performance to future growth projections across countless metrics. These applications allow clients to quickly decompose a company's financial reporting, discover how geographic or product line sales contribute to overall revenue, compare a company’s reported metrics to the consensus on “the street”, and chart financial metrics overtime. If this sounds like important work, that’s because it is; our team works on some of the most heavily used applications on the Bloomberg Terminal!
Our latest initiative involves designing and building a new application stack for Company Financials. We are re-engineering our entire Application pipeline to integrate with a new data model, via the Bloomberg Query Language (BQL), which aligns various company financials data sets. Our new UI components, which can easily be configured and integrated into the existing application suite, are being built in TypeScript, and we've created multiple Python 3 microservices as companions to these components for faster and more consistent feature development across the suite. Our core data retrieval service interacts directly with BQL and is built in C++17 with efficiency in mind. We work closely with Product, Data Analysts, and other Engineering teams on this high profile initiative to deliver the best-in-class company financials product to our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate directly with Product to refine requirements and iterate on different projects
- Design, develop, and release high-quality and maintainable code
- Follow and expand upon modern SDLC practices such as CI/CD, unit testing and integration testing
- Take ownership of products and their technical solutions
- Help build and evolve our team culture to be inclusive to all
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Enthusiasm towards code quality, and desire to build efficient and stable systems
- Strong communication skills, both technical and otherwise, that can be leveraged to collaborate with collaborators across Engineering, Product, Sales, and Data Analysts
- Prior experience with UI development
We'd love to see:
- Experience in TypeScript
- Professional experience in full stack application design
- Financial domain knowledge and experience (not required)
You can expect us to:
- Work with you to find projects that suit your interests
- Provide support for your participation in wider Bloomberg initiatives such as Diversity & Inclusion efforts, volunteering events, and contributing to open source communities
If having a chance to influence a highly visible product in a collaborative environment while working with modern technologies across the stack sounds interesting to you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus