Senior Software Engineer - Compliance Applications
New York, NY
Posted Oct 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 93141
You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications and trading platforms.
That’s where Bloomberg Compliance comes in. Comprised of both Bloomberg Vault Archive and Bloomberg Surveillance, Bloomberg Compliance provides a single platform for compliant storage and reconstruction of our customer’s communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data. More than 1,000 organizations use our product to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects, and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years.
Within Compliance we index more than 700GB of data per day and our web applications allow compliance officers to search that data across multiple years. We are in the process of modernizing our technology stack, utilizing open source frameworks such as React, TypeScript, and Node. In conjunction we are redesigning and rewriting our server-side APIs and infrastructure to provide optimized and scalable access to the vast amount of data we maintain.
As part of our team, you will be trusted to:
- Develop and maintain new client facing features to keep our product competitive and also cater to the growing demands of our clients
- Work very closely with our clients and business representatives to seek requirements and implement creative solutions
- Collaborate and build with our other core and application teams to develop full-stack solutions
- Drive and balance the incorporation of new technologies while improving development practices
- Lead and contribute to projects like building data visualizations, integrating kafka into our backend data pipelines, and combining big data with real time processing and analytics
- Mentor others by encouraging collaboration and knowledge sharing
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Passion for building robust, scalable, and maintainable applications and infrastructure
- Strong knowledge and experience with at least one (preferably SQL) database, including complex query building and performance analysis
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness and excitement to learn new things and work in a full stack environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or related professional experience
We’d love to see:
- Domain knowledge in electronic communication or trade platforms and data models
- Track record of improving the developer experience by promoting Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience with frontend open source application frameworks (TypeScript, React, Redux, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining microservice architectures
- Experience with designing APIs
- Experience with webpack
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus