Senior Software Engineer - Compliance Reliability
New York, NY
Posted Oct 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 96664
Bloomberg Compliance provides a single platform for storage and reconstruction of our customer's communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data. More than 1,000 organizations use Bloomberg Vault to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media.
- 300+ million messages processed daily.
- 90+ billion archived objects stored.
We have a strong, diverse and inclusive team that celebrates success. We emphasize psychological safety to foster great ideas and risk taking. Empathy, understanding and collaboration are values that allow us to have fun while pursuing the next success!
In this role, you’ll be developing applications that help us define, measure, forecast and improve the reliability of Compliance’s applications and environments. You’ll be involved in driving best practices and transforming how we manage our distributed systems and deployments by leveraging automation and cloud native computing. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to understand their components, in order to partner with them and improve the reliability of their applications.
Work within a group that has external customers, professional product team, support, QA in addition to a 10+ engineering teams. Greenfield opportunities! The Compliance group has recently begun its adoption of Reliability Engineering and our team and tools are relatively new, allowing you to make a major impact at the ground level. Ability to work on front-end, back-end, automation, distributed systems, libraries. Data Science, ML and AI backgrounds are encouraged!
- CapMan - Deep capacity analytics, projections and anomaly detection with rich visualizations. Enterprise resource planning and budget forecasting.
- ProdSense - A novel approach on production reliability by modeling a complete ecosystem including software, services and their interactions to produce rich visualizations, real-time impact, analytics and risk assessment powered by AI. Supervisor system for resource utilization and allocation with inventory discovery.
- General Reliability - We're continuously working on making Compliance more reliable. This includes work toward improving observability, running large projects that impact risk and working toward our goal of automating everything.
We help support and work with all technologies used by Compliance. For our development efforts we pick the best tool for the job. Currently this includes Python, C++, Docker, Flask, Pygraph, PostgreSQL, COMDB2, Grafana, Argo, Jupyter.
What’s in it for you?
Your intellectual curiosity and desire to solve problems drives you to continue making things better and simpler. You enjoy working across many different domains of software and system engineering. You get excited about the opportunity to dive into complex issues and collaborate with the team for appropriate solutions.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, and/or related professional experience
- 4+ years of experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Go, Java, C++, Typescript
We'd love to see:
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Passion and experience in automating everything
- Systematic problem solving with effective communication
- Understanding of Linux or Unix Operating Systems
- Experience building production systems on public cloud e.g. AWS, Azure, Google cloud.
- Learn how Bloomberg bets big on our SREs: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/bloomberg-bets-big-on-sres/
- How we outsmart outages: bit.ly/SRE_BBG
- Check out Bloomberg Engineering: https://www.bloomberg.com/engineering
- Read about the unique problems we're solving: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus