Senior Software Engineer - Compliance
New York, NY
Posted Sep 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 104420
Bloomberg has regulated activities that include trading venues (e.g., UK and EU Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, a Singapore Trade Negotiations System and other regulated offerings globally. Regulations and requirements are constantly changing in the financial world, making regulatory compliance the central focus of the financial industry. Recent changes in regulations such as BrExit, sanctions, and MiFID2, have emphasized the important role Bloomberg’s Compliance department plays, more than ever before.
Given this constantly changing landscape, traditional ways of mitigating regulatory risks are not sustainable as we must enhance our technology to ensure Compliance's systems and controls will remain adequate and effective.
Regulatory technology, or RegTech, is the latest trend in the financial industry, and is quickly becoming an industry standard across various FinTech companies. Technology can significantly increase the efficiency and effectiveness of compliance teams and we are using technology to streamline and automate workflows and processes to help Bloomberg comply with relevant regulations.
WE - BLP (Bloomberg LP) Compliance Engineering, are the Engineering team responsible for the Company's RegTech initiatives, and YOU will be working with us by coming up with innovative ideas to solve regulatory problems. You will help us build applications that help our Compliance team and clients stay compliant in a very dynamic environment.
Our team builds and supports:
- Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) system for managing client lifecycle, which will be tightly integrated with other Bloomberg client entity management tools. It will also provide a centralized view for all aspects of clients
- The Distributed Client Permissioning system for client trading eligibility on Bloomberg operated trading systems and venues
- Client Screening system for mitigating risks such as sanctions, money laundering, bribery and corruption before providing services to clients and dealing with business partners
- Bloomberg internal compliance portal for employee awareness and regulatory monitoring
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and releasing high-quality software in Python, C++ or C#.
- 4+ years of professional experience with a relational SQL database.
- 2+ years of professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Collaborate effectively with multiple teams and product stakeholders to deliver products
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Microservices / Distributed architecture / complex workflows.
- Experience with virtualization, containerization and orchestration tools (e.g Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with continuous integration, testing and deployment tools (e.g, Github, Jenkins, GoogleTest, Chef
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus