Senior Software Engineer - Compute API
New York, NY
Posted Jul 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 92824
The Compute API team is responsible for providing compute resources, both physical & virtual, to Bloomberg engineering. We do this by building out API’s and workflows for building servers, available as a fully automated and self service product.
Our customers are the engineering teams at Bloomberg - any team that needs compute resources on which to run their software. Specifically, our direct clients are usually application SRE teams and infrastructure product teams, who manage servers for their respective domains.
We are passionate about writing reliable, scalable, and testable systems to achieve our mission of providing compute resources to the rest of Bloomberg.
What's in it for you:
You’ll get to work in a fast paced environment where we are at the forefront of integrating with new and innovative compute solutions being developed in our world class data centers. You’ll be encouraged to attend relevant technology conferences and engage in their respective communities, with a goal of presenting or bringing back new ideas and best practices.
We’ll expect you to:
- Add and extend core APIs & workflows
- Work with users & stakeholders to understand pain points and think creatively about how to solve them
- Participate in design/architecture discussions, project planning, and mentoring
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated programming experience (e.g. 3+ years in Python or other related language)
- Experience with a relational database system such as Postgres or MySQL
- Eagerness to join a small (but growing) team which plays a major role in providing compute resources to the rest of the company
We’d love to see:
- Deep knowledge of another programming language
- Willingness to work in high impact, cross team projects to drive new product enhancements
- Familiarity with (or willingness to learn) an open source workflow orchestration tool such as Apache Airflow
- Experience working with distributed systems
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.