Senior Software Engineer - Compute Automation
New York, NY
Posted Aug 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 100141
The Compute Automation team develops the systems that manage the life-cycle of hardware in Bloomberg's data centers. From automated stand-up and configuration of server racks, to handling decommissions and power monitoring, these systems are critical to building and maintaining a healthy data center environment. As a software engineer in Compute Automation you’ll solve challenging technology problems by building architecturally sound, scalable, and performant software that enables Bloomberg’s infrastructure ecosystem to remain at the leading edge of technology.
What’s in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to develop systems that build and maintain the foundations of Bloomberg’s technology stack. You’ll work with open-source tooling to develop applications and automation that have significant impact. You’ll be exposed to cutting edge technologies and practices, and will work closely with other engineering teams to accomplish shared initiatives that are critical to the health and sustainability of Bloomberg’s data center infrastructure.
We'll trust you to:
- Advise and execute on the design, architecture, and implementation of new software solutions.
- Play a critical role in improving existing products to ensure the quality, stability, and scalability of Bloomberg’s data center infrastructure.
- Work with a team to accomplish goals within an agile software development life-cycle.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated software development experience using Python, Ruby, Go, or C/C++.
- A strong understanding of Unix or Linux.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in software engineering principles.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
We’d love to see:
- Experience developing and troubleshooting scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Working knowledge of Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools (Jenkins).
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and Unix networking.
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.