Senior Software Engineer - Compute Platform
New York, NY
Posted Jan 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 113181
About Compute Platform:
The Compute Platform team provides APIs, instrumentation, automation, and performance analysis of Bloomberg’s present and future physical server designs. Our customers at Bloomberg leverage the Compute Platform for a wide range of applications and service stacks. This ranges anywhere from distributed storage to private cloud, databases to market data. Our product is spread across the world and serves millions of users across the globe. Our team is trusted to engineer software products to manage the compute Platform residing on standardized hardware. As a Compute Platform team member you will solve challenging technology problems by building architecturally sound, high-quality software Platforms that enable Bloomberg to exceed critical business objectives.
What’s in it for you:
- Design, develop, and deploy applications that maintain a healthy production environment. We are accountable for telemetry, observability, and change management of our applications
- Apply your expertise to analyze and improve the reliability and performance of our Platform applications
- Adopt and apply modern open source technologies for systems infrastructure development
- We’ll send you to professional conferences and meetups to keep up with the technology space outside Bloomberg, and apply that knowledge to building and improving our processes and products.
You’ll Need to Have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Strong Linux fundamentals (or basic knowledge and a strong desire to learn)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment tools
- Exposure to containers (OCI, docker, podman)
- Experience with application performance analysis
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus