Senior Software Engineer - Compute Platform
New York, NY
Posted Jun 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 89558
About Compute Platform:
The Compute Platform team provides APIs, instrumentation, automation, and performance analysis of Bloomberg’s present and future physical server designs. Our customers at Bloomberg leverage the Compute Platform for a wide range of applications and service stacks. This ranges anywhere from distributed storage to private cloud, databases to market data. Our product is spread across the world and serves millions of users across the globe. Our team is trusted to engineer software products to manage the compute platform residing on standardized hardware. As a Compute Platform team member you will solve challenging technology problems by building architecturally sound, high-quality software platforms that enable Bloomberg to exceed critical business objectives.
What’s in it for you:
- Design, develop, and deploy applications that maintain a healthy production environment. We are accountable for telemetry, observability, and change management of our applications.
- Apply your expertise to analyze and improve the reliability and performance of our platform applications
- Adopt and apply modern open source technologies for systems infrastructure development
- We’ll send you to professional conferences and meetups to keep up with the technology space outside Bloomberg, and apply that knowledge to building and improving our processes and products.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Proven experience with at least one object oriented language, with preference towards C++, Python, or Java
- Strong Linux fundamentals (or basic knowledge and a strong desire to learn)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment tools
- Exposure to containers (OCI, docker, podman)
- Experience with application performance analysis
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
You can check out more about how we work and what it means to be an SRE at Bloomberg in our blog post: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/bloomberg-bets-big-on-sres/
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.