Senior Software Engineer - Connectivity & Integration for Buy Side OMS (AIM)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 17, 2018 - Requisition No. 68809
At the heart of our business at Bloomberg is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, trading analytics, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients are interested in tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex, mission critical systems.
The Bloomberg Buy Side OMS (AIM) - is an industry award winning platform which is used by many of our Enterprise clients. To meet their constantly evolving integration needs, Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration Solutions (CIS) group develops solutions focused on high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed infrastructure. CIS group supports a wide array of products including Real-time data Feeds, Managed File Transfer and Bloomberg API based CIS Application Development Framework.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for design, implementation, support and enhancements of client facing integration services in response to client requirements and changing industry trends. Your key focus will be delivering highly flexible, easily configurable, highly reliable and scalable applications in a very fast paced environment with tight deadlines. You will be working in close contact with experienced technologists in the team and across the Bloomberg organization, CIS product, Service and Implementation teams and our clients. The team operates in a very agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team`s time-to-market objectives.
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of Financial application development experience
- Development experience on UNIX or Linux Operating systems
- Hands on development experience with C++
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming
- Expertise with data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity and experience with Financial Information Exchange (FIX) protocol
- Prior experience developing Order or Execution Management Systems
- Familiarity with XML, JSON data formats and programming tools to process data in those formats
- Familiarity with scripting languages or any large text processing tools
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies