Senior Software Engineer - Consumer Website Subscriptions
New York, NY
Posted Feb 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 81189
What can you do as a media company with the information and resources of one of the largest financial technology firms? The engineers behind the Bloomberg Consumer Web Subscriptions team help answer these questions every day. We build and manage web applications and supporting systems that manage Subscriber’s access to market-moving news, data, video, and audio across Bloomberg.com and our mobile applications. We keep millions of users informed every day.
In a challenging industry and an ever-changing technical landscape, we are devoted to delivering quality software - and quickly. Our purpose is to understand our users' needs and deliver a Subscriptions product that meets or exceeds their expectations and requirements, while considering scale and utilizing emerging technology trends for efficient and reliable delivery.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast moving team
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Help abstract away implementation details and complexity behind a simple, uniform API.
- Build reactive applications that can handle changes in throughput and network conditions gracefully.
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
- Influence and grow our wide-reaching Subscriptions News product, and participate in defining the product roadmap
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience working on high availability, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A strong understanding of microservices and Restful APIs.
- Experience with Java, Node.js and Relational Databases
- Experience with Spring Framework's ecosystem, including Spring Boot and Spring MVC
- Fluency in test-driven development, code reviews, distributed source code management and automated quality assurance
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and an understanding of asynchronous design patterns
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- An interest in understanding user behavior using A/B tests and analytics and how that drives product design and decisions
- Knowledge of modern distributed infrastructure, including containerized applications utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
- Contributions to any open source web projects or libraries
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.