Senior Software Engineer - Contracts Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Oct 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 81382
The Contracts Intelligence team is deeply involved in the nascent but fast growing field of Legal Tech and we are pushing the envelope in developing state of the art legal technology. We are building the next generation Contracts Legal Portal. This portal will be a “one-stop shop” for Retrieval, Discovery, and Extraction for Bloomberg’s contractual terms. The portal leverages modern technologies across the entire stack and is designed to be easily maintainable, reusable, and extendable. Additionally, we are quick to research, investigate and adopt beneficial new technologies. In this role, you will work closely to solve the problems which haven’t been solved in the Legal Tech domain. Our team culture is fast-paced, energetic and innovative. If you love owning and developing innovative solutions to difficult problems and are passionate about using the technology that’s right for the job, please apply below!
We'll trust you to:
- Be a solid team player- you can expect to work with others in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate- you're passionate about our diverse set of users and product
- Be proactive- you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our fast-paced development flow
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience with Python or C#
- A good understanding of web based technologies like Typescript, React, & Redux
- Strong programming fundamentals, particularly in data structures & concurrency
- A deep understanding of a complex distributed system, such as Kafka, IBM MQ, & Spark
- Experience building and optimizing highly available, scalable, distributed back-end REST services
- An ability to break down and deeply understand complex problems and communicate complex matters efficiently
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
- Robust DevOps/SRE abilities
- Experience with deep learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the under the hood fundamentals of deep learning (layer details, backpropagation, etc). Additional requirements include the ability to read and implement related academic literature.
We'd love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.