Senior Software Engineer - Conversational Systems
New York, NY
Posted Jun 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 104588
The ADSK (Analytics Desk) Engineering team builds and supports Bloomberg's premier customer service system. Our applications handle around 5 million questions per year in several languages and offer 24/7 support to over 300,000 clients around the globe, creating more than a billion rows of chat data. Our team leverages this chat data in a variety of ways to build tools that streamline the interactions between clients and representatives.
These tools include
- a chatbot that automatically answers client FAQs
- an NLP system that will match a client with a representative with the required expertise, depending on the topic of the client's question
- tools that will surface relevant content to a representative as they are chatting with a client to help the representative answer the client's question
- applications that allow business stakeholders to explore what topics clients are asking about and search across client chats.
Our tools combine event-driven backend technologies, internally built solutions (both within our team and from other teams within Bloomberg), and ML/NLP models to handle various forms of chat text across ADSK.
We'll trust you to:
- Work with your teammates and our business stakeholders to understand the problems at hand
- Take ownership of the product and domain
- Propose creative and novel solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Build and execute on these projects in an efficient and agile manner
You'll need to have:
- Drive to constantly push the envelop when it comes to finding the right solution to problems at hand
- Passion to try new things for the right reasons (for example experimenting with a new technology to solve a business problem or to improve our engineering infrastructure)
- Curiosity to learn a new domain and ability to pick-up new technologies if needed
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Python, C++
- Experience in designing and implementing complex systems and applications
- Interest in machine learning and natural language processing
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org