Senior Software Engineer - Cross Asset Data
New York, NY
Posted Dec 1, 2017 - Requisition No. 63672
Build the next generation of enterprise financial products:
The Derivatives Cross Asset Data team at Bloomberg is responsible for providing consistent market data for numerous financial products to clients both within the firm and outside. Our team is building a brand new microservices oriented platform to handle hundreds of billions of such data requests every day. The complexities associated with financial data and the scale of users that need to be supported on this system provides a unique opportunity for senior software engineers to innovate.
We are seeking experienced senior software engineers who can dive deep into ourexisting systems, understand how the system interacts with clients, propose, design and implement an extremely scalable system to serve existing needs and accommodate the growth in our user base and the number of requests we handle daily. The senior software engineers will be responsible for setting the highest standards in system designs, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our products.
If you are thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms from scratch, excited about challenging the status quo in the finance industry and think you can manage the fast pace of continuous innovation, we would love to connect with you.What's in it for you?You will be involved with all phases of software cycle, including designing, developing, testing and deploying some of our most strategic technical projects. You'll have opportunities to work on a large-scale, high performance production system, design new software systems using cutting edge distributed technology, and have a significant impact on our business results. Your contributions in this role will impact stakeholders across the firm and customers around the world.
You'll need to have:
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Physics or other related field
- 3+ years of experience working with complex high availability, high scalability, and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Deep understanding of modern system architecture (e.g. REST, micro-service, cloud computing) and cutting edge open source technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Spark)
- Experience with agile development and good understanding of continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Deep involvement in building complex end-to-end software systems that has been delivered to clients
- Passion and ability to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex performance and operational issues
- Familiarity of C++ and/or Python is a plus