Senior Software Engineer - Cross Asset Trading System (CATS)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 87516
The Cross-Asset Trading System (CATS) Blotter is an intuitive platform that provides a consistent frontend for Bloomberg trading applications. We are using cutting-edge technology to offer next-generation trading functionality to our users and a seamless, customizable interface to other Bloomberg engineers.
Bloomberg trading applications are used by thousands of clients to manage and trade trillions of dollars each day. Those workflows are driven by trading blotters, which allow users to organize their trades and drive research and analytics. CATS is a flexible trading blotter that allows other Bloomberg teams to configure, customize, and plug in their own components, creating tailored solutions and workflows for their buy-side and sell-side products. We are already in production with a number of products, and we're working to onboard more onto our platform.
Who we are:
We are a small, friendly team of engineers with diverse backgrounds. As a team, we prioritize building for the future of our product and work collaboratively to design architectures and new features. We also work closely with the engineering teams who use our platform, so you’ll have the opportunity to work with various teams across Bloomberg and contribute to the team as it continues to grow and evolve. You do not need a background in finance to be successful here.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and build new features, while maintaining system stability
- Be creative in solving complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Work with product managers as well as other engineering groups to translate high level requirements into actionable solutions
- Drive the incorporation of new technologies and improve development practices
- Mentor others and encourage knowledge sharing in order to drive the growth of the team
You’ll need to have:
- Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to solve new problems in unique ways
- Good communication skills to work with other teams and explain technical problems to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience triaging and supporting systems in production
- An open mindset to using new technologies and practices
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
Interviewing with us:
Please apply if you're excited about revolutionizing trading software and pushing our platform further. We believe interviewing goes both ways: we want to get to know you and your skills, but we also want you to learn about the team and see if it’s a good match. Learn more about our interviewing process here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know. We look forward to the unique perspective you will bring to our team!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.