Senior Software Engineer - Curated Research
New York, NY
Posted Oct 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 111058
Fueled by an unparalleled wealth of dynamic and real-time research and data, Bloomberg offers the most comprehensive and powerful research experience on the market. Our team, Curated Research, is working to make that workflow even smarter and more efficient by improving discoverability within the research ecosystem across the Terminal.
Most recently, we’ve been building an end-to-end entity recommendation system to help analysts curate and distribute hand-picked, expert relationships that connect diverse entities across the Terminal. From trending topics to charts to people of interest, we’re creating an interconnected system for analysts to empower discoverability and for clients to easily access a breadth of expert knowledge from their favorite brokers.
We also work closely with Bloomberg Intelligence (BI), Bloomberg’s in-house team of 300+ analysts to support the suite of tools for BI content management, which includes highly hit research documents, dashboards, and data sets. BI research accounts for one in five research document clicks on the Terminal! Our projects are full-stack and include Groovy, C++, Python, and Rapid in our day-to-day tasks.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate directly with Product to identify requirements and iterate on projects
- Research and apply new technologies, frameworks, and languages
- Design, develop, and safely release high-quality and maintainable code
- Follow and expand upon modern SDLC practices such as CI/CD, unit testing and integration testing
- Take ownership of products and our technical solutions
- Help build and evolve our team culture to be inclusive to all
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Strong enthusiasm towards code quality, and desire to build efficient and stable systems
- Strong communication skills, both technical and otherwise, that can be leveraged to collaborate with partners across Engineering, Product, UX, and beyond!
- Collaborate with a great team and stakeholders to ideate, build, and deploy high impact solutions
- Work with you to find projects that suit your interests and grow your skills
- Support continued growth and education via technical and financial classes within and outside of Bloomberg
- Provide support for your participation in wider Bloomberg initiatives such as Diversity & Inclusion efforts, volunteering events, and contributing to open-source communities
You can expect us to:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus