Senior Software Engineer - Custom Data (CDE)
New York, NY
Posted May 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 98272
Bloomberg data moves global financial markets, and data is the lifeblood of Bloomberg. The Data Platform teams enable application teams and content providers to scale their data by providing a set of tools, frameworks, and managed services to manage the full life-cycle of their datasets.
The Custom Data (CDE) integrates client proprietary datasets into Bloomberg core terminal and cross-product solutions. Custom Data positions Bloomberg as a holistic and integrated solution for Buy-side operations.
Our goal is to build a managed time-series platform for proprietary datasets and provide best-in-class solutions for discoverability, ingestion, retrieval, collaboration, auditing, reporting, and real-time alerts. Exposure to such a rich feature set enables you to solve diverse problems and challenges daily.
As a Software Engineer, you will be contributing to the success of Bloomberg by leveraging your expertise to help design and build a complex product while ensuring high availability, reliability, fault tolerance, and scalability for continuous growth. If you are passionate about programming, distributed systems, and like to work in a dynamic collaborative team that fosters continuous learning, you’ll fit right in.
We'll trust you to
- Enhance our existing data models to support complex keys and data types
- Work on scaling current storage to meet enterprise requirements
- Work on improving reliability, fault tolerance, and performance of our systems
- Engage with our partners across Bloomberg, understand their application needs and access patterns
You need to have
- 3+ years of C++ experience in UNIX/Linux environment
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design concepts
- Passion for solving problems, learning, and ability to thrive in a collaborative and dynamic work environment
- BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see
- Knowledge of modern C++ (C++14/17/20) concepts and tools like CMake, clang-tidy
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems like Redis, Solr, HBase,
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration, and documentation
- Experience with software instrumentation for monitoring and observability
- Experience with scaling microservices
- Experience with containers and cluster managers Docker, Kubernetes
Cassandra, Kafka, and other open-source frameworks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.