Senior Software Engineer - Customer Web Portal
New York, NY
Posted May 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 99603
We are building the next generation of the Bloomberg Customer Service Center aka Customer Web Portal. The portal is an external client-facing, web-based "one-stop shop" portal that our global Terminal and Enterprise Data clients use to manage various aspects of their dealings with Bloomberg.
The portal is composed of several micro-sites that allow our clients to place Terminal orders, digitally sign contracts, view billing information, get support and manage a slew of Enterprise Data applications like Security discovery, real-time exchange entitlements, user & admin provisioning tools (IAM) and a unified notification platform. Also, geared towards providing consistency and unification across our Bloomberg web properties, besides the core portal one of our squads is dedicated to building reusable feature-rich Web Widgets like landing pages, global header & footer, support tickets with auto-answer, digital forms automation and more. The portal leverages modern web technologies and is built to support a high volume of our 100K+ customers 24x7 across the globe.
Being a key contributor throughout the entire SDLC, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with product owners, business counterparts, and clients to understand their needs and craft our product vision accordingly. You will be required to think creatively and to bring cutting-edge technologies in house.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate directly with business product owners
- Design, develop, demo and release high-quality maintainable code
- Take ownership of products and its technical solutions
- Bring in best-in-class open-source technologies
You’ll need to have:
- Professional experience developing at all levels of the application stack (frontend/UI, middle/Services and backend/Database)
- 3+ years of experience building GraphQL or REST APIs using Node.js or Python
- 3+ years of experience working with database technologies with thorough understanding of SQL
- Higher education (B/MS, PhD) in Computer Science or closely related technical field
We’d love to see:
- Experience with stores like Apache Solr and Redis
- Experience with different internet browsers, their versions and idiosyncrasies
- Knowledge of web application security and threat mitigation techniques
- Knowledge of continuous integration, testing, and deployment tools (Jenkins, Webdriver.io, Jest)
- Knowledge of load balancing software (Haproxy, Nginx)
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration tools (Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
To better understand you and your interests, we'll probably have you go through a few rounds of discussions with our team members. These might involve showing us your work through current pull requests, reviewing one of our recent commits and providing technical feedback, or having a technical design discussion with us.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.