Senior Software Engineer - Data - Business Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Feb 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 114044
The Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team is looking for a proven senior engineer to join its team! Our fast-growing, diverse team of engineers is responsible for building scalable ingestion systems which handle and prepare petabytes of data for reporting, dashboards, and advanced analytics. Bloomberg runs on data. Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products and our Product teams rely on those insights to drive adoption and usage.
What's in it for you:
Join a fast-paced team of dedicated engineers who are committed to building automated, reliable, performance-oriented systems that shape the strategic and technological direction of the team. You will also get to empower your career growth through exposure to new technologies and processes by…
- Working closely with the Management Analysis team to build solutions to help drive product usage and find new sales opportunities
- Collaborating with cross functional teams and vendors to enhance and ingest data from internal and external sources
- Identifying opportunities to simplify and automate workflows
- Translating business requirements into robust and scalable data pipelines for key business metrics
- Use technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka and more
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with DBMS, RDBMS and ETL methodologies.
- Advanced SQL capabilities are required. Knowledge of database design and experience working with extremely large data volumes is a plus.
- Programming experience in Python. PySpark and Scala is a plus.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing methodologies, ETL processing and dimensional data modeling.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark)
- Specific expertise in implementing Informatica solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of MPP systems
- Prior work with streaming technologies like Kafka
- Knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools such as QlikSense, Tableau, Power BI, Cognos
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus