Senior Software Engineer - Data - Business Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Oct 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 86829
The Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team is looking for a proven senior engineer to join its team in either Manhattan or Princeton! Our fast-growing, diverse team of engineers is responsible for building scalable ingestion systems which handle and prepare petabytes of data for reporting, dashboards, and advanced analytics. Bloomberg runs on data. Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products and our Product teams rely on those insights to drive adoption and usage.
What's In It For You:
Join a fast-paced team of dedicated engineers who are committed to building automated, reliable, performance-oriented systems
Shape the strategic and technological direction of the team
Empower your career growth through exposure to new technologies and processes
- You will work closely with the Management Analysis team to build solutions to help drive product usage and find new sales opportunities
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams and vendors to enhance and ingest data from internal and external sources
- You will identify opportunities to simplify and automate workflows
- You will translate business requirements into robust and scalable data pipelines for key business metrics
- You will use technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka and more
- You will be working with structured and unstructured datasets
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with DBMS, RDBMS and ETL methodologies.
- Experience building automated, scalable architectures in an enterprise setting
- Advanced SQL capabilities are required. Knowledge of database design and experience working with extremely large data volumes is a plus.
- Programming experience in Python. PySpark and Scala is a plus.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing methodologies, ETL processing and dimensional data modeling.
- Strong problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills
- Knowledge of Airflow and Argo is a plus
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark)
- Specific expertise in implementing Informatica solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of MPP systems
- Knowledge of streaming technologies like Kafka
- Knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools such as QlikSense, Tableau, Power BI, Cognos
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, start the conversation with us and apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus