Senior Software Engineer - Data Entitlement (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 2, 2023 - Requisition No. 114419
Bloomberg hosts a large amount of data from 3rd-Party data providers and Exchanges, such as news, equities, research reports, earning & estimates, bonds, FX, derivatives, muni, etc. Bloomberg clients need permission (be entitled) to use the data because different data providers have different policies and rules for who can access their data, which might require data fees.
The Data Entitlement team builds state-of-the-art software that controls real-time client access to Exchange and 3rd-Party contributed data across Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products. We build various client-facing and internal applications for entitlement(data permission) management workflows via Bloomberg Professional platform as well as REST APIs and the FIX Protocol. Our applications help our clients stay ahead of the markets in a very dynamic environment.
About the role:
In this role, you will work closely with our business partners to identify critical data entitlement problems and build the solutions that can effectively protect sensitive data while reducing the need for human intervention. The software solution that you create will directly affect the daily work of our internal users.
We'll expect you to be:
- The owner of the product - you will work closely with the business to build effective and user-friendly products
- A solid team player - you will work within the team and outside the team in a highly, collaborative environment
- Innovative - you need to think outside the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Passionate - you’re passionate about our diverse set of users and products
- Proactive - you will contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of professional experience in C++ or other Object-Oriented programming language
- 4+ years of professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience with Python
- Experience with Microservices / Distributed architecture / complex workflows.
- Solid understanding of databases (SQL, noSQL)
- SRE Mindset (debugging, performance, low-latency)
- Middleware technology (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Caching technology (e.g. Redis, memCached)
- Virtualization, containerization and orchestration tools (e.g Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Continuous integration, testing and deployment tools (e.g, Github, Jenkins, GoogleTest, Chef)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 1,200 - 1,300 USD Daily