Senior Software Engineer - Database Systems
New York, NY
Posted May 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75057
The TMS (Transaction Management System) team is an integral part of Bloomberg’s enterprise Trading and Order Management Systems delivering front-office inventory, portfolio, sales and trading, and middle and back office solutions to both the Buy and Sell-Side financial community. Our clients are some of the largest financial institutions in the world who need a reliable platform to run their trading operations.
In TMS we are on a mission to provide a scalable Enterprise Trading Platform across multiple markets for greater transparency of business transaction events and enhanced analytical capability bringing transparency to position, P&L and trade life-cycle events.
What's in it for you:
- Developing construct, test and maintain architectures for OLTP databases and large scale data processing systems
- Working in a highly collaborative environment that allows you to recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- An opportunity to understand business use cases and collaborate with application teams to write efficient DB queries to meet SLO
We'll trust you to:
- Ensure that the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of the business.
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production.
- Run ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) on top of big datasets and create big data warehouses that can be used for reporting or analysis
- Have extensive knowledge on SQL/NoSQL databases and best engineering practices. These include:
- Handling and logging errors, monitoring the system
- Building human-fault-tolerant data pipelines
- Understanding what is necessary to scale up
- Addressing continuous integration
- Knowledge of database administration
- Maintaining data cleaning, and ensuring a deterministic pipeline.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years experience developing low-latency SQL queries and stored procedures
- 5+ years experience working on high volume OLTP systems in Postgres or Oracle
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Shell, Python
- Expertise in SQL performance tuning
- Strong problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Data modeling or DBA experience
- Finance domain knowledge