Senior Software Engineer - Developer Experience - Security
New York, NY
Posted May 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 86337
The Developer Experience group is dedicated to making Bloomberg’s Engineers productive, efficient and agile using state-of-the-art development, security, and deployment tooling. We are forming and bringing together the talent we need to build the best tools and consolidating existing development groups and products in order to have the biggest impact on the overall developer experience: from coding, building, linking, linting, debugging, and testing all the way to deployment.
We are the Developer Experience Foundational Infrastructure team. We drive the adoption and development of developer productivity tools, including security tools and workflows that support Bloomberg Engineering's day-to-day needs. Whether we’re designing our next generation security controls, or threat modeling our services, our goal is to define the future of how Bloomberg’s developers code more quickly and securely. That’s where you come in.
As an engineer working in the Engineering DevSecOps team, you’ll be trusted to understand security requirements of our cloud services, provide guidance for usable infrastructure security, ensure that logical security controls are manageable at our scale, and much more. You will be working with engineers across the company to execute the roadmap for future security technologies and define the experience around them.
We'll expect you to:
- Design and build new products to aid in securing Bloomberg’s software development and deployment practices.
- Guide teams to appropriate security architectures.
- Take a leadership role in defining tools, techniques and technologies used to secure and monitor Bloomberg’s on-premises and cloud infrastructure in efficient and innovative ways.
- Prototype and implement infrastructure technologies, and understand how they fit into Bloomberg's existing environment.
- Foster a culture of security consciousness while understanding the trade-offs between security, usability and performance at the large scale.
- Help develop strategies to secure Bloomberg’s financial products, network, and cloud architecture.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of hands on programming experience in Python or Golang
- Experience collaborating with technical architects to design and deliver on a vision
- Experience working container technologies
We'd love to see:
- Forward-thinking, love to learn new technologies and self-starter demeanor
- A track-record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions.
- Experience developing usable security tools in a professional setting or open source.
- Experience of automation throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of CI/CD toolchain such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, and X-ray
- Knowledge building and maintaining cloud security management frameworks
- Experience with cloud provisioning and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible
- Proven track record with building cloud services
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.