Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
New York, NY
Posted Mar 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 74166
Bloomberg’s core product, the Terminal, is a must-have for the most influential people in finance. Our clients depend on the Terminal to trade, manage risk, consume information, and navigate time-critical decisions. In the AI group, we build machine learning systems for our clients to provide accurate, reliable information in real time. In addition to the products we provide, we use and contribute back to open source software, publish papers, and attend conferences.
Data is at the heart of our company - and we are designing systems for seamless use of our large-scale data in AI and analytics pipelines all across the company. That's where you come in.
Who are you?
You are a talented software engineer who enjoys designing and building large-scale systems to collect and analyze high volume data; both in motion and at rest. You are motivated: you know whether your time is best spent thinking about the architecture or writing a tool that helps you get the job done. You want to join a close-knit, fun group and make a big impact.
We'll expect you to:
- Work with stakeholders across the company to provide diverse views of our data.
- Design and implement processes to organize our Data Lake.
- Help transform our data to enable easy access and analysis.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in Java/Scala.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Experience building large-scale software systems.
- Experience with big-data & streaming technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application. We're excited to meet you.