Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Console (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted May 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 90577
The Bloomberg Enterprise Console group designs scalable Big Data solutions that have a deep impact on enterprise level applications for B2B products that are essential to the entire global financial market.
Our engineers are responsible for providing cloud-based infrastructure and a suite of self-service applications for our clients (technologists in client firms and Bloomberg’s internal service and support desk) to detect, diagnose and remediate issues affecting client’s data flows with Bloomberg’s various enterprise software solutions. We provide clients these capabilities through the Enterprise Console (https://console.bloomberg.com).
We are a team of self-motivated engineers with expertise in different parts of our stack, which is built to the latest industry standards with open source technologies. We are currently seeking motivated Web Front-end and Full Stack Engineer who can help us deliver on key business initiatives in the short term while also helping to craft an evolve able system over the long term.
- UI frameworks: Angular 6, React
- Deployment: Jenkins, Docker
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Big Data Platform: Apache Kafka, Flink, Hbase, HDFS, Solr, Spark
- Cloud: Bloomberg’s Managed Cloud (Openstack)
- Data Science: Bloomberg’s DSP (Data Science Platform), Scikit-learn, Tensorflow
- Build web applications for the Enterprise Console system
- Design and implement the technical solutions with an eye on the future
- Collaborate with the team members to maintain the high quality of code with good testing, peer reviews and documentation
- Collaborate with the stakeholders including product managers and other engineering teams to come up with the best solution
- Drive projects from the design, technical review to implementation, testing and client deployment
You'll need to have:
- Proficiency in Java, Scala or other web backend language
- Experience with RESTful API design
We'd love to see:
- Proven experience with either Angular 6+, React
- Experience with testing tools such as Webdriver, Serenity
- Experience with different design patterns
- Experience with open source technologies
- A keen interest in technological advances and the ability to incorporate new technology into existing systems
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to sophisticated problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work optimally on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.