Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Console Experience
New York, NY
Posted Apr 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 102755
The Bloomberg Enterprise Console group designs scalable Big Data solutions that deeply impact enterprise-level applications for B2B products essential to the entire global financial market.
Our engineers are responsible for providing private cloud-based infrastructure and a suite of self-service applications for our clients (technologists in client firms and Bloomberg’s internal service and support desk) to detect, diagnose and remediate issues affecting client’s data flows with Bloomberg’s Enterprise Integration Suite. We provide clients with these capabilities through our web application (https://console.bloomberg.com).
We are a team of self-motivated engineers with expertise in different parts of our stack built to the latest industry standards with open-source technologies. We are currently seeking an eager software engineer for the Enterprise Console Experience Engineering team who can have an impact on the Enterprise Console organization’s streaming architecture as well as a good eye for business value oriented decision making.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of Java/Scala experience
- Experience with Distributed Systems
- Interest in learning new technologies and knowledge about when/why/how to use the right technology
- Ability to work effectively with engineers within and across teams
- Experience in all phases of the Agile and test-driven SDLC
We’d love to see:
- Hands-on experience working with Kafka, Flink, or other Streaming frameworks
- Experience with open source technologies
- Understanding of full-stack SDLC and experience with consumer facing Web applications
- Experience with Play framework and API design
- Experience with Node and Typescript
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.