Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Console
New York, NY
Posted Jan 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 88367
The Bloomberg Enterprise Console group crafts scalable Big Data solutions that have a deep impact on enterprise-level applications for B2B products that are crucial to the entire global financial market.
Our engineers are responsible for providing cloud-based infrastructure for our clients, technologists in client firms, and Bloomberg’s internal service and support desk, with a way to configure, provision, monitor, and alert on connectivity and software resources within client data flows provided as part of Bloomberg’s Enterprise Integration suite. We provide clients the ability to self-service their configuration and monitoring needs through our web application (https://console.bloomberg.com).
Bloomberg’s Enterprise business is growing at a very fast pace. As our team ingests billions of data points a day for processing, we are looking at ways in which we can take our data streaming architecture to the next level and build more scalable data pipelines and tools to help us deploy and run them seamlessly. This will help our various business partners to use Enterprise Technology as a more self-service Analytics platform.
Big Data Platform - Apache Kafka, Flink with some Storm sprinkled in, Hbase, HDFS, Solr, Spark
Languages - Scala, Python, Golang
Deployment - Docker, SPaaS (Kubernetes)
Build tools - Maven, JaaS
Cloud - Bloomberg’s Managed Cloud (Openstack)
- Design, implement and support the streaming data platform capable of handling large sophisticated datasets
- Build topologies using streaming functions to create reusable data pipelines
- Come up with scalable solutions to problems and do the proof of concepts and tech reviews of solutions
- Develop and maintain key system features and new streaming operators in the streaming data platform
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews
- Collaborate with various Bloomberg businesses, product owners, and engineering teams to understand requirements and do capacity planning
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Keep up to date with advances in Big Data technologies environment
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years experience with Scala/Java
- 3+ years experience with Kafka and Streaming frameworks (eg. Flink, Storm, Kafka Streams, Spark)
- Proven foundation in computer science fundamentals with particular expertise in data structures, algorithms, and design
- Proven problem solving and interpersonal skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with HBase or similar Big Data stories
- Experience with large scale distributed data processing
- Experience with Python or Golang
- Experience with open source technologies
- Experience in all phases of the Agile and test-driven SDLC
- The ability to work efficiently with Product and Engineering teams and be able to influence the product/technical vision
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.