Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Content
New York, NY
Posted Sep 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 108177
Bloomberg runs on data. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision-makers to accurate data on the financial markets and help them make faster, smarter decisions. The Enterprise Content engineering group develops data products, which acquire and process tremendous amounts of data. Our products span across a variety of asset classes such as Equities, Bonds, Commodities, Derivatives, Futures & Options, among others. These products cut across a variety of problem domains including Reference Data, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulations, Risk Analytics, Environmental - Social - Governance (ESG), Market Data to name a few.
Our engineering teams develop systems to acquire, store and process billions of data points daily, utilizing our highly scalable distributed infrastructure, which comprises both physical and virtual machines. Our data pipelines and workflows leverage languages such as Python, C++, Java, Scala and a slew of open source technologies such as RabbitMQ, Celery, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Redis, S3, Kafka, Ansible, Airflow among others. Our energetic group of engineers work very closely with domain experts from our Product groups as well as from other parts of Bloomberg.
We are at the exciting intersection of finance and technology, where access to fast, accurate, and high-quality data is paramount. Our clients, which include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance, and other financial institutions, are continually increasing their sophistication and use of automation; therefore, we are just at the beginning of our journey. Joining our team will provide you with tremendous growth opportunities as we embark on our quest to solve complex domain & technical challenges. This role will be a good fit if you’re interested in developing complex data processing workflows, building robust microservices and tools to transform data in a fast-evolving market environment, and scaling distributed architectures to handle massive amounts of data.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive full software development life-cycle from understanding the needs of Product to development to eventual production deployment and future enhancements. Your work will be highly visible, giving you a sense of accomplishment
- Design and build high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Work in close collaboration with team members; always looking for opportunities to enhance existing systems while building robust new products
- Enjoy solving highly sophisticated software design and optimization problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
You'll need to have:
- Experience in software development, writing object-oriented code in a high level programming language (such as Python, C++, Java, C#)
- Experience in working with large datasets and distributed systems
- Aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Ability and interest in working as part of a team and understanding the bigger picture
- BA, BS, MS, PhD, or equivalent educational programs in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
Experience in working with relational and non-relational database technologies
We'd love to see:
- Engineers who have experience working with low-latency, high-volume, and highly-availability distributed systems including deployment, monitoring, and building robust fault-tolerant systems
- Engineers who are curious and want to explore new open source technologies when building new products as well as to enhance performance and scalability of existing ones
- Engineers who embrace working together as a team in an agile environment, mentoring and learning from their existing teammates to break knowledge silos and ensure that their team is producing reliable, well documented and well-understood products for our clients
- Engineers who have a desire to understand our products and processes and have a passion for pushing boundaries with technology
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus