Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Data License
New York, NY
Posted Jan 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 113205
The world's largest financial institutions require vast amounts of data to help their clients manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyze the markets. Bloomberg Enterprise Data provides these institutions a platform to make hundreds of thousands of requests for data spanning the full range of the financial industry each day. Supporting this translates to billions of data points that flow through our system daily, including Equities, Commodities, Bonds, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference Data. To meet the demand, the Data License department is responsible for gathering, transforming, and delivering all the data our clients request through a distributed workflow platform, microservices, and web integrations via our Enterprise Access Point (https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-access-point/).
We are looking for software engineers to join us.
As Backend and Full-Stack Software Engineers we design and implement services and highly distributed workflows that are used across Data License to gather, transform, and deliver data to Enterprise clients for billions of financial data points daily. Workflows are built using Python, RabbitMQ, Celery, PySpark, cloud storage via Ceph developed in Docker containers. We expose Self-Service controls using Flask web server and React based Web Apps.
This role will be a good fit if you’re interested in designing complex workflows in code, building robust microservices, building tools to transform data in a fast-evolving market environment, and scaling distributed architectures to handle massive data pipelines.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing large-scale applications and writing high-quality tests
- Experience with, or an interest to work in Python
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects that required significant problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies and adapt quickly
We'd love to see:
- Experience with web development technologies such as React
- Experience working with Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience working with low-latency, high-volume, and highly-availability distributed systems including deployment, monitoring, and building robust fault-tolerant systems
- Developing software in a Linux environment
- Proficiency with development tools such as debuggers and memory profilers
- Experience with application monitoring tools or services
- Experience in an agile or iterative software development process
- Contributions to Open Source projects
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus