Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Data License
New York, NY
Posted Jan 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 88067
The world's largest financial institutions require vast amounts of data to help their clients manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyze the markets. Bloomberg Enterprise Data provides these institutions a platform to make hundreds of thousands of requests for data spanning the full range of the financial industry each day. Supporting this translates to billions of data points that flow through our system daily, including Equities, Commodities, Bonds, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference Data (https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/reference-data/). To meet the demand, the Data License department is responsible for gathering, transforming, and delivering all the data our clients request through a distributed workflow platform, microservices, and web integrations. We are looking for software engineers to join us.
As Backend and Full-Stack Software Engineers we design and implement services and highly distributed workflows that are used across Data License to gather, transform, and deliver data to Enterprise clients for billions of financial data points daily. Workflows are built using Python, RabbitMQ, Celery, PySpark, cloud storage via Ceph developed in Docker containers. Our teams leverage Semantic Web concepts and open standards such as RDF/CSVW that allows our clients to understand how our data is connected. We expose Self-Service controls using Flask web server and React based Web App.
This role will be a good fit if you’re interested in designing complex workflows in code, building robust microservices, building tools to transform data in a fast-evolving market environment, and scaling distributed architectures to handle massive data pipelines.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development writing object-oriented code in a high level programming language, designing large-scale applications, and writing high-quality tests
- Experience with, or an interest to work in Python
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects that required significant problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies and adapt quickly
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with low-latency, high-volume, and highly-availability distributed systems including deployment, monitoring, and building robust fault-tolerant systems
- Developing software in a Linux environment
- Proficiency with development tools such as debuggers and memory profilers
- Experience with application monitoring tools or services
- Experience in an agile or iterative software development process
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- BA, BS, MS, PHD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.