Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Reporting
New York, NY
Posted Nov 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 111235
Enterprise Reporting is Bloomberg's multi-asset cross platform regulatory product built to support a wide variety of trading workflows to meet the regulatory obligations of our buy side, sell side and trading venue clients in the most convenient and seamless fashion across many jurisdictions. This highly scalable, efficient and robust platform is built to be able to process over 50 million transactions a day with guaranteed SLAs and serves as the backbone which connects various buy side and sell side OMSs/EMSs to multiple external government and regulatory venues around the world. The platform transforms, enrich, validate, route and transmit transactional data as per required regulations using a wide range of Bloomberg and industry standard technologies like C++, BAS, RabbitMQ, Rapid, Kafka, spark, BFS, HDFS, NLP to serve various mission critical and big data use cases.
We seek a talented and highly self-motivated Software Engineer to join the Enterprise Reporting team. The ideal candidate will have experience developing full-stack software focusing on testing, possess good communication skills, and enjoy problem-solving independently and in team settings.
We’ll trust you to:
- Helping to drive the automation testing strategy for the Enterprise Reporting engineering organization
- Developing/expanding automation test frameworks that peer Engineering teams will use to provide end-to-end smoke and regression test coverage
- Collaborating with development organizations to understand how development changes affect ongoing test automation efforts
- Gathering metrics and providing test coverage analysis based on automated test results
What makes this job great is not only the opportunity to work on challenging problems with smart engineers but also the exposure you'll get to Product Managers, clients, salespeople, and other Engineering teams. This unique combination will give you a comprehensive view of the financial industry's critical concepts and inner workings.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Working knowledge of asynchronous programming techniques
- Solid understanding of modern application architecture and design patterns
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), with bonus points for knowledge of Cucumber
- Experience with DevOps, especially around continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus