Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Reporting
New York, NY
Posted Nov 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 111235
Who we are:
Bloomberg is known for keeping our clients ahead of the competition, and it’s no secret that regulation has become the name of the game in recent years. Following increased regulations around the world, the Post Trade group was created to capitalize on opportunities to better support our clients’ regulatory needs.
Enterprise Reporting is Bloomberg’s multi-asset cross platform regulatory product built to support a wide variety of trading workflows to meet the regulatory obligations of our Buy-Side, Sell-Side and Trading Venue clients. Our highly scalable platform can process over 50 million transactions a day and connects various trading platforms to multiple external government and regulatory venues. We use a wide range of Bloomberg and industry-standard technologies like C++, Python, RabbitMQ, Kafka, spark, BFS, HDFS, NLP, AI, and automation.
We’ll trust you to:
- Helping to drive the automation testing strategy for the Enterprise Reporting engineering organization
- Developing/expanding automation test frameworks that peer Engineering teams will use to provide end-to-end smoke and regression test coverage
- Collaborating with development organizations to understand how development changes affect ongoing test automation efforts
- Gathering metrics and providing test coverage analysis based on automated test results
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Solid understanding of modern application architecture and design patterns
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), with bonus points for knowledge of Cucumber
- Experience with DevOps, especially around continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what we’ve been working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus