Senior Software Engineer - Entitlement Applications (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 20, 2020 - Requisition No. 79074
** Please note that this is a contract position**
ENG Entitlement Applications Team develops and supports Bloomberg access control systems for Exchanges and 3rd Party provided data. The team provides high-performance robust entitlement system that controls real-time client access to all Exchanges and 3rd Party contributed data (such as News, Research, Pricing, Derivatives etc.) across the Bloomberg platform and Data products. We develop infrastructures for various Bloomberg applications to query whether a customer has access to content on Bloomberg Terminals, and BPipe, Data License, Server API, or Media on Enterprise products. We are also responsible for the development of various applications related to Exchange and 3rd Party implementation and entitlements. You will help us build applications that help our clients stay ahead of the markets in a very dynamic environment.
We are in the process of overhaul our access control infrastructure. You will be working on building our access control system running on Linux. The system needs to handle billions of daily hits with 100% of accuracy. The system uses state of art Bloomberg proprietary and industry standard cache strategies to serve permission checking requests at microsecond level. The system will also provide monitoring, diagnostic, and developer tools using different technologies like MQ, Humio, and Bloomberg proprietary telemetry system GUTS, etc...
We are also migrating our Exchanges product management applications to Linux. These applications include tools used for onboarding an exchange, maintaining exchange profiles and the related permissioning, billing, reporting, etc. for these exchanges.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of professional experience in C++ or other Object-Oriented programming language
- 4+ years of professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Microservices / Distributed architecture
- Experience with a relational SQL database
- Scripting languages (e.g Python)
- Virtualization, Containerization and orchestration tools (e.g Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Continuous integration, testing and deployment tools (e.g Jenkins, GoogleTest, Chef)
- Queuing technologies (e.g RabbitMQ)
- Caching technologies (e.g Redis)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.